Hello, fellow CDO bloggers. For this post we will be discussing depression and how to deal with it.
Depression is a silent killer, as they say. They are mostly go undetected because it is mostly coordinated with sadness or loneliness but depression goes beyond that it affects a person way of thinking, lifestyle and even their personal lives. Now, what to do when depression strikes? Here are some useful tips for you fellow CDO bloggers.
- Seek professional help. Whether you are facing a mild depression or a severe one, it is best to seek help from the professionals to give you the proper advice and necessary measures to keep your depression at bay.
- Know the Symptoms. If you are not sure whether you have a mild or severe type of depression, it is best to take note of the changes in your physical status and your lifestyle.
- Exercise. It has been proven by studies that exercising can heighten the level endorphins of a person. It is one of the alternative treatments to depression if you are hesitant seeking professional help.
- Be Mindful of What You Eat. It is the same principle. In order for your mental being healthy, you also need to eat the right and healthy foods. Sometimes, junk foods and other unhealthy foods can actually contribute depression.
- Rest. One of the causes of depression is stress. Stress lowers a person’s endorphin levels or as they call it happy hormones. Take a little rest when your body tells you to. Meditate, go out once in a while, chat or call up a friend and explore other forms of relaxations other than sleep.
Whenever depression strikes, make sure that you are attentive enough to your own body and your mind. As mentioned earlier, depression is a silent killer so watch out CDO bloggers not just for yourself but also for your friends and loved ones.