Let us innovate our Cagayan de Oro Christmas fiestival under under Paskorela dress up contest that gives Cagayan de Oro streets a Christmas spirit. This was organized by our city government and private individuals.
This year’s prizes are P40,000 first prize, P20,000 second prize, and P10,000 third prize. There are also five consolation prizes of P5,000 each.
Here are the rules and guidelines:
1. Who can participate?
a. Motorela drivers or operators.
b. Sponsoring individuals or groups.
2. Participating motorelas must be commercially operational, with proper business registration. Only one motorela per entry.
3. Motorela entries may have sponsors. But:
a. No political or election-related sponsorship.
b. Sponsors’ names and logos can be displayed only in designated space on the motorela to be announced during the Orientation.
c. Violation will result in disqualification.
4. Get registration forms at the Business Permits and Licensing Division, 2nd Floor, J.V. Seriña Bldg., City Hall, Cagayan de Oro City. Look for: Grace Castro, Marianne Ondap or Tanya Manticajon. Text or call 09051533901.
5. Deadline for submission of registration form is 4:00 p.m., 11 December 2015.
6. The name and signature on the registration form must be that of the contestant. The prize will be given to the person whose name and signature appear on the registration form.
7. All participants are required to attend the contest orientation on 11 December 2015, 4:00 p.m. at City Tourism Council Office, 1st Floor, Executive Building, City Hall. The Parade Sequence Number will be drawn during this orientation.
8. Designs must reflect the theme: Christmas is for Children.
9. Dressing up the motorela must be circumscribed, vertically, within the limit of half a meter from the motorela’s roof.
10. Materials must comply with safety standards. You may use lights & music.
During the Paskorela Parade on December 12, there are contest protocols to observe:
1. Motorela entries must be at the RODELSA Circle at 3:00 p.m. for measuring. Motorela entries that arrive after 4:00 p.m. will be disqualified.
2. Motorela entries may be accompanied by costumed characters.
3. Motorela entries must strictly follow the Parade Sequence Number. Violators will be disqualified.
Here are the criteria for this year’s Paskorela:
1. Design – Structural integrity of the entry = 25%
2. Creativity – Originality of concept and relevance to the theme = 25%
3. Production elements – Music, light, and other technical wizardry = 25%
4. Overall impact – How the entry captures the contest theme = 25%
See you all this Saturday for Cagayan de Oro’s Paskorela Parade