Sodas are really popular. We got to admit that it is true. Everywhere we go we can see stores selling sodas. One of the most famous and well-known soda drink would go to Coca-Cola’s Coke. Coke has been everyone’s favorite soda drink. It garners a lot of advertisements and promotions during games, reality TV shows and are practically everywhere. The fact that is way cheaper than water makes it more popular. However, recent studies show that drinking Coke can cause different serious illnesses. Here are five reasons why we should stop drinking Coke.
- Unhealthy Weight Gain.. Researchers recently found that the excessive amount of sugar that can be found in the soda drink directly links to excessive gain weight. According to them, a can of Coke a day can add up to 1lb to your weight. Now, try to imagine consuming 5 cans of Coke per day.
- Major Cause of Diabetes. Of course, with all the sugar, preservatives and other “secret ingredients” they put on that drink can cause your insulin levels to go low and sugar rate go high.
- Damage Kidneys. Researchers concluded that the excessive amount of Coke intake enhances kidney stone formation. Our kidneys are responsible in balancing our acid level and consuming more of this drink can cause your kidney to malfunction.
- Weakens Bones and Causes Dental Caries and Erosions. Studies have claimed that the acidity of this drink is a major factor of early brittleness of bones. The same goes with our teeth, the sugar content of the drink dissolves the enamel, which mostly consists of our teeth. Thus, making our teeth weaker and more sensitive. No matter how much we brush it off.
- Bad Toxins and Poisons. If you are still not convinced then this might do the trick. Coke contains Aspartame. This is poison. Though, FDA approved of this as a “safe additive” for food. Scientists have shown otherwise rather they have claimed that this can slowly poison one’s body.
So those are the reasons why you should stop drinking Coke. You don’t want to poison yourself right? Then stop for your own good.