Are you having problems with your cravings fellow CDO bloggers and online readers? Here are some tips to control your out of control cravings.
- Avoid the Triggers. Avoid the foods or situation that triggers your cravings. However, some experts actually recommend that it is encouraged to strengthen new types of foods as this enables our system to fully adapt to them thus weakening your old cravings.
- Destroy those Temptations. If you still have those trigger foods somewhere in your house, better yet destroy them. The more they lie visible to your eyes, the more you’ll crave to eat them.
- Eat Nuts. Really can’t help with those cravings? Eat other food like nuts almonds and peanuts. Though it is well recommended to eat only an ounce a day partnered with water, of course.
- Indulge in Coffees and Lattes. Instead of reaching for a candy bar why not try sipping a cup of skim latte? It doesn’t necessarily mean that this satisfies your cravings but it can save you from the calories in the means of quenching you appetite for sweet foods.
- Let it Go. Let go of those stresses. Stress is a major contributor to cravings. The more stressed we are the more we crave for foods. Though, this may take a lot of time getting used to but it’s a sure thing once you’ve mastered it.
- Distract Yourself. Experts claim that cravings only last for 10 minutes. Don’t give in to the whims of your brain. Better distract yourself and avoid looking at those photos about food over the Internet.
- Indulge Thyself with Limits. If you really can’t help yourself over the temptation of sweet food then it is not bad to indulge yourself once in a while. Like, once a week, treat yourself to a cone of ice cream. Indulge but with the limits.
There you are. Though, these tips may take time to be realized but hey, the forest didn’t grow in a day. Take patience and discipline and you’ll go far in your healthy lifestyle. ‘Till next post CDO blogger readers