Pregnancy is the biggest highlight of a woman’s existence. However, there are several things that every woman out there should take note. Pregnancy is not an easy task. It needs careful and thorough preparation not just emotionally, but also physically.
- Start taking a prenatal vitamin. Women who are of “childbearing age” should start taking prenatal vitamins like folate. Folate prevents birth defects of the baby’s spinal cord and brain. It’s important to take prenatal vitamins BEFORE getting pregnant since birth defects occur in the first 3-4 weeks of pregnancy.
- Lose those bad habits.If you are smoking and drinking, then it is high time that you stop before trying to have a baby. Drinking can increase the chances of stillbirth and miscarriage, cause learning problems, and among other things,. Smoking during pregnancy can increase the chances of a lot of health problems like miscarriage, premature birth, and birth defects.
- Get in shape and Clean up your diet. If you don’t exercise at all, now is the time to start. Studies say that obese women have a higher risk of miscarriage, preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, and hypertension. These things can make a woman’s pregnancy difficult. Clean up your diet and exercise.
- Minimize caffeine.If you are a huge coffee fan, limit yourself to one cup a day at a time. Though it is recommended by some but limited to only one cup per day. So slow down on caffeine, and then cut it. Resulting a healthier pregnancy.
- Check your insurance.Having a baby is expensive if you don’t have a reliable insurance, so check your insurance policy and see the coverage in terms of prenatal care and delivery. In this way, you will know what you can pay and can prepare yourself financially for the upcoming days.
So, these are the do’s and don’ts if you decide to have a baby best if you are prepared to take good care of the child before and after pregnancy.